Navigating immigration law worldwide.
Burness Paull's immigration lawyers know the importance of global mobility to individuals and businesses and specialise in facilitating international relocations and transfers.
We help organisations attract and retain top talent from across the globe and provide advice and support to a wide range of clients who currently employ or are considering employing foreign nationals.
We also provide advice to investors, entrepreneurs and others seeking to relocate themselves, their families or their businesses to the UK. The visa rules in these circumstances can be tricky, and we help navigate through these using decades of experience in cross-border movement.
Corporate & Business Immigration
Issues our immigration lawyers regularly advise businesses on include:
- Applying for and maintaining a sponsor licence
- Sponsoring foreign workers & international migrants
- Recruiting international staff & transferring workers to the UK
- Immigration & Visa compliance
- Right to work checks
- Setting up a UK branch or subsidiary and transferring staff
- Business Visitor rules
- Brexit advice for employers and employees
- Civil Penalties & Illegal Working investigations
- Training on immigration law and compliance
- Home Office investigations and audits
Investors and Entrepreneurs
- Relocation to the UK for investment or business start-up purposes
- Tier 1 (Investor) visas for those wishing to invest in new or existing businesses in the UK
- International Protection in the UK
- Support for Innovators and Entrepreneurs who are starting up a business in the UK
- Settlement applications
- Those with Exceptional Talent and Exceptional Promise
- British citizenship & Naturalisation
- Complex family immigration cases, including adoption, and surrogacy matters.
Visas for individuals and families
The firm's immigration lawyers regularly advise on a very broad range of personal immigration matters including:
- Partner, spouse, fiancé(e) visas,
- Children and dependent family member visas
- Free movement of EEA nationals and family members and registration under EU settlement scheme
- Tier 4 Student visas
- Worker visas & sponsorship
- UK ancestry visas
- Visit visas
- British citizenship- naturalisation and registration
- Administrative Review
- Appeals to First Tier and Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber)
- Judicial Review of Home Office decisions
We have a dedicated litigation team and deal with complex immigration appeals and challenges. We have appeared in courts and tribunals throughout the country, including the UK Supreme Court.
- First Tier Tribunal
- Upper Tribunal
- Administrative Review
- Judicial Review
- Civil Penalty Appeals
- Illegal Working & Immigration Offences Defence
- Sheriff Court
- UK Supreme Court
- Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC)
- European Court of Human Rights
- Court of Justice of the European Union
As the Scottish member of the Lex Mundi and TAG Law networks, we are part of a far-reaching international network of immigration lawyers, which enables us to access specialist advice globally if required. We are also a member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
For pricing information, click here.
Latest news, insights and upcoming events
Insights- 1st June 2021
The deadline for European nationals to register under the EU Settlement Scheme is only weeks away.
Insights- 12th May 2021
The adjusted right to work checks will now end on 20 June 2021.
Insights- 22nd April 2021
From the 17 May employers must comply with the regulations which were in force prior to 30 March.