Powering up your business - now and into the future.
Right now, the energy sector is an exciting place to operate in. The speed of change and adoption of new technologies is happening fast, urged on by new investment and influenced by the changing demands for affordable, secure and sustainable energy.
Burness Paull’s energy practice is built on our deep experience of advising on the legal and commercial issues of global oil & gas and renewable energy projects. We bring experience from both sides of the fence, as advisors in private practice able to count upon experienced former in-house professionals from operators, developers and service providers.
How can our energy lawyers help you?
The firm's energy lawyers have advised on high-value deals from Norway to Nigeria and have worked in over 100 jurisdictions, international work now accounting for 60% of our business.
Our energy lawyers work in collaboration to provide you with complete advice on:
- the planning process, including appeals
- project and equipment finance arrangements
- onshore and offshore safety as well as other aspects of regulatory compliance
- environment restrictions
- construction and related developments
- nuclear generation, contamination and decommissioning
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating industry contracts
- disputes, including international arbitration
- acquisitions and disposals of project interests and entities
So whatever your energy project and technology our energy lawyers will add value at every stage of the project life cycle.