Governance & Trustee Secretarial Services
Expert governance and secretarial services for pension scheme trustee boards.
Burness Paull's governance and trustee secretarial services can be tailored to fit your needs.
We can act as the scheme secretary, providing a full scheme secretarial service, or provide support for an existing scheme secretary on a regular or ad hoc basis – we are flexible in approach and work with clients to find the fit that suits them best.
We ensure all aspects of pension scheme governance are covered in a manner that minimises risk and ensures clients are fully compliant.
Trustees can rely on us to keep them ‘safe’ in terms of fulfilling their obligations and duties. We believe this allows clients to be forward-looking, knowing the governance surrounding trustee decisions taken has been dealt with properly.
In short, you can rely on us to do what is needed on behalf of the scheme in a way which ensures full compliance and minimises the risk of complaint from members or criticism from the Pensions Regulator.
We provide pension scheme secretarial services including:
- organising meetings
- drafting agendas
- taking minutes
- dealing with actions
- managing risk
- ensuring the implementation of an integrated risk management approach
- drafting and maintaining the conflicts of interest register
- fee review and monitoring
We also provide more bespoke governance and trustee secretarial services:
- drafting communications from the trustee board to the sponsoring employer
- drafting communications to members
- drafting business plans
- scenario planning with trustees
- preparing instructions for advice
- adviser reviews
- procurement of new third party administration services
- board effectiveness reviews
- devising trustee training plans through the use of a trustee skills matrix
- delivering bespoke trustee training
- running risk register workshops
- project support to buy-ins/buy-outs
Why should you choose Burness Paull's governance and trustee secretarial services?
We bring particular ‘added value’ in our bespoke governance and trustee secretarial services to trustee boards with our legal training and background, our attention to detail and cross-scheme experience.
“Very pragmatic and commercially aware…has gained the trust and respect of trustees”