Code of Business
Respect and protect the confidentiality of our clients’ information
- Preserving confidentiality in our clients’ affairs and data is a cornerstone of our business.
- This is supported by our commitment to Information Security and our ISO accreditation.
Avoid all conflicts of interest
- We will ensure that we uphold the highest regulatory standards and we will not act in situations where our clients’ interests may conflict.
- We will manage personal conflicts between our clients and Burness Paull or any individual partner or employee.
Fulfil our obligations under anti-money laundering and terrorist financing legislation and ensure that we do not facilitate criminal conduct
- We are committed to actively participating in the combat against money laundering and will do whatever is appropriate in order to carry out customer due diligence measures and the ongoing monitoring of client work.
- We will not facilitate any criminal conduct, including fraud or evasion of tax.
- We will decline to continue to act for any party where we consider it is appropriate to do so.
- All our partners and staff are fully aware of their share dealing restrictions and obligations.
Comply with anti bribery and corruption legislation
- We will not offer, promise, give, request or accept any financial or other advantage to or from any person, including a public official, (whether on our behalf or on behalf of any other person, including any client) for any improper purpose or to improperly influence actions or to obtain any improper advantage.
Be the best employer we can be
- As an accredited living wage employer, we are committed to fair reward.
- We strive to create opportunities for everyone to build a career and do what they do best, each and every day.
- We will provide opportunities for everyone to learn, develop and continuously improve.
- We ask for feedback, listen and take action to make Burness Paull an even better place to work.
- We will comply with the letter and spirit of all relevant employment legislation, in particular, working to eliminate our gender pay gap and playing our part in the eradication of modern slavery.
Maintain a respectful, inclusive and diverse culture
- Everyone is encouraged to play their part in making Burness Paull a respectful, inclusive and diverse place to work.
- We will lead by example and live our values.
- We will help everyone bring their whole self to work.
- We value difference.
- We will not discriminate on any ground including sex, race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or age.
- Any behaviour that damages our culture or detrimentally affects our working environment will not be tolerated and we will encourage and support any person who reports unacceptable behaviour.
Play our part in the communities in which we work
- Through the Burness Paull Foundation, we will meet our corporate social responsibilities and support our partners and staff in their endeavours for the causes closest to their hearts.
- We will run our business in an environmentally responsible manner, as well as complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations.
No results were found