Alan heads up the firm’s finance & funds division. He is qualified in both Scots law and English law.
Alan is a leading private funds lawyer and is highly regarded both nationally and internationally for his expertise in Scottish limited partnerships and their use in private funds and other situations. His areas of practice are principally:
- Fund structuring and creation
- Fund lifetime issues
- Fund investment
- Fund finance
Recent experience includes:
- Structuring advice and Scottish limited partnership formation work in relation to the Livingbridge Enterprise 3 Fund, which attracted investment worth over £330million.
- Acting for European Investment Fund, EIF, in relation to many investments including:
- its return driven mandate vehicle Asset Management Umbrella Fund in relation to its investment in EQT Ventures II.
- in relation to its ground-breaking investment in Israel Cleantech Ventures III, an Israeli venture capital fund.
- Acting for Washington DC based EIG Global Investment Partners in relation to the establishment of its EIG Energy Fund XVII flagship fund.
- Acting for Scottish Enterprise in relation to setting up the Scottish European Growth Co-Investment Programme with the European Investment Fund.
- Acting for Livingbridge EP LLP in connection with a £56million uncommitted facilities agreement being made available by Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets plc.
A go-to private funds specialist in Scotland offering “very sound commercial advice coupled with premier technical legal expertise”. Commended for being “the master in identifying solutions in difficult negotiation situations that can accommodate all parties”.
27th June 2017
What we can do to help?
11th June 2018
The Contract (Third Party Rights) (Scotland) Act 2017 (the “2017 Act”) has come into force.
15th May 2017
Companies House has announced that it will be implementing this register for SLPs from 24 July 2017.