Webinar recording: COVID-19 - How do I keep getting paid; can I stop paying? (31 March 2020)
Alan McMillan, Stuart Murdoch, and Joanna Fulton bring you the latest advice on payment obligations in light of the coronavirus pandemic in the UK. They discuss a range of payment-related questions and how businesses may be affected including:
- The basic contract concepts and why they matter including:
- Force majeure
- What the key things are you should be checking
- Whether you can withhold payment
- What will happen if you don’t pay
- Whether you can get your money back
- Whether you can continue to charge customers if you can’t provide the service
The information included in this webinar does not constitute legal advice, for specific queries please get in touch with your usual Burness Paull contact.
18th December 2020
How has the pandemic affected construction disputes?
10th December 2020
So how can rights holders police the use of their content online?
30th November 2020
The Court of Session has issued a landmark judgment regarding common good land.