Webinar recording: COVID-19 - Construction Law Update (2 April 2020)
In our first construction law update Fenella Mason, Colin Clelland and Douglas Simpson cover site closures and the potential risks. They discuss the following topics:
- What events in the SBCC contract can a Contractor or Subcontractor rely on?
- What might instructions by the Employer/Contractor, and acts of prevention, entail?
- Is the outbreak of coronavirus a force majeure event?
- Has there been an exercise of statutory powers that can be relied on?
- What notice of delay and/or additional costs has the Contractor/Subcontractor to give?
- What rights of termination are available to the Contractor?
- What is the Contractor’s obligation to mitigate delay?
- How does NEC compare with SBCC?
The information included in this webinar does not constitute legal advice, for specific queries please get in touch with your usual Burness Paull contact.
18th December 2020
How has the pandemic affected construction disputes?
17th November 2020
We look at the effect Covid-19 is having on the drafting and negotiation of construction contracts.
12th November 2020
Our speakers do a whirlwind round-up of recent cases.