Webinar recording: COVID-19 - Construction Law Update (2 April 2020)
In our first construction law update Fenella Mason, Colin Clelland and Douglas Simpson cover site closures and the potential risks. They discuss the following topics:
- What events in the SBCC contract can a Contractor or Subcontractor rely on?
- What might instructions by the Employer/Contractor, and acts of prevention, entail?
- Is the outbreak of coronavirus a force majeure event?
- Has there been an exercise of statutory powers that can be relied on?
- What notice of delay and/or additional costs has the Contractor/Subcontractor to give?
- What rights of termination are available to the Contractor?
- What is the Contractor’s obligation to mitigate delay?
- How does NEC compare with SBCC?
The information included in this webinar does not constitute legal advice, for specific queries please get in touch with your usual Burness Paull contact.
7th September 2020
What are the contractual issues houesbuilders need to consider moving forward?
23rd June 2020
We look at how resilience and collaboration will help the housebuilding market exit lockdown.
18th June 2020
How should public bodies approach the question of providing suppliers with commercial relief?