Furlough extended until 30 November
The furlough scheme has been extended until the end of November with the Job Support Scheme being postponed until the furlough scheme ends. Key points are:
- The government will pay 80% of employee’s wages up to a cap of £2,500 for November with employers covering the cost of pension contributions and National Insurance;
- Employees don’t need to have been furloughed before to qualify for furlough in November;
- Employees need to be on their employer’s payroll by 23:59 on 30 October 2020;
- Flexible furloughing is allowed as well as full-time furloughing;
- Employers’ claims have to be for a minimum period of 7 consecutive days;
- Employers can choose to “top up” wages .
Further guidance is due to be published including details of when employers can claim for furlough in November. We will keep you updated when the guidance is issued.
16th June 2021
How do employers bring their workforce back to the office after covid?
14th June 2021
Hear from Dr Peter Copp who shares how to support employees suffering from long COVID.
2nd June 2021
How can you prevent confidential information being brought into the business by new employees?