Webinar: Data Privacy Summer Series
As organisations have had to face challenges they had never expected and adapt to an ever changing “new normal”, one constant has been the importance of data privacy. Data is one of the most valuable and important assets for all businesses, but it can also become a significant liability if it is not handled appropriately. Whether it’s the discussion around track and trace apps, the increase in cyber threats or risks associated with new ways of working, the integrity and security of data is critical.
We are running a series of webinars over the course of the next few weeks where David Goodbrand, Head of Privacy, will be joined by specialists from across our practice areas who will discuss some of the key issues around data protection and the risks and opportunities it brings.
Data Privacy: What you need to know now - Wednesday 1 July, 10am
(This event has taken place, here is the webinar recording)
We will have a look back at the key developments over the last 12 months and practical issues for businesses coming out of lockdown.
- The ICO’s priorities and recent enforcement action
- Lessons learned from COVID and coming out of lockdown
- The increasing importance of Data Privacy Impact Assessments
- Cyber security – the risks are growing
Data Privacy: Regulatory update - Wednesday 29 July, 10am
Data privacy laws are constantly evolving. Hear from our experts on some of the key regulatory developments you need to know.
- Data transfer and the UK’s adequacy decision – where are we?
- Direct marketing – lessons for email marketing
- Adtech and cookies – privacy online
- Data sharing – best practice
The future landscape for Data Privacy - Wednesday 19 August, 10am
Data is valuable currency for all businesses. What does the future landscape in data privacy look like?
- Rise of Artificial Intelligence
- Health-tech, Fintech and ‘other’-tech
- DSARs in practice and lessons learned
- Class actions – the new PPI?